Thursday, March 11, 2010

To Be Or Not To Be... Read


This is my "To Be Read" pile. As you can see, it's as tall as my bed and currently contains 28 (I think) books. There are like 7 more in my Amazon cart waiting for payday, too! Nothing quite as exciting as a new box of books. Except maybe a quiet evening and a cup of hot cocoa to go with them.

I most recently enjoyed... Walking on Water by Madeleine L'Engle. If you asked me what is one book every Christian writer should read, I'd point straight to this one. Without hesitation. I also recently read Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar. Really impressive.

I'm currently reading... The Moral Premise by Stanley D Williams and Beautiful by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma.

I can't wait to read... um... just about anything in my stack? I think actually, three of the books in my amazon cart hold that honor. Leah Cypess's Mistwood (see my post from last week to view the trailer), and the two novels by Stephanie Kuehnert-- because, I ask you, WHO CAN RESIST PUNK FICTION?? That's what I thought! Yeah, baby.

So how about you? What have you been reading, or what tops your "To Be Read" list?

2 comments:

Patti Lacy said...

Oh, I'm SO GLAD to see you here!
I will definitely order that L'Engle book. Read another one of hers years ago and liked it but didn't LOVE it. This one may be different...

When I get this ending rewritten--yes I had to rewrite it--we need to again chat.
You go, girl!!!
P
www.pattilacy.com/blog

K L Giard said...

Yes yes! I'm definitely looking forward to our next chat!!